Types of hosting services
A hosting solution is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a gaze at these. Thus, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a blog, mails, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular vendors, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage solutions are frequently supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely awry interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between different stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share an immense amount of pics with comrades or acquaintances since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to managing your emails. Some distributors provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email solution. If you would like to keep an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred web site visitors, you may have difficulty with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to own as many videos as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to keep a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At SAHAKA Hosting, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular web content exclusively.